Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brazilian Embroidery




The second flower is the Cast On. It is an easy stitch but like patting your tummy and tapping your head!! It took me 3 hours just to do the center of the daisy. I am working on a lap frame so my hands are free. In the picture I notice the french knots in the center of the daisy has a line. I believe I did the french knots in a row and should be started in the center and work out. I will probably take it out as it is very noticeable especially in the picture. The leaves are satin stitched and the field flowers are french knots.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love Brazilian embroidery. It's on my "to do" list.

Ridgewoman said...

Lovely. Reminds me of the Colcha work that is done in Colorado and New Mexico.. if only there was enough time. But I can't part with a shuttle; I think it's attached. I dream about thread!
We are our own worst critics, aren't we? I think it looks great...as is! But I understand the process ~ we always want to do it 'just right' LOL
Ridgetatter