Friday, October 23, 2009

Lizbeth Variegated Threads













Beginning at the top left the first red edging is done in Red Burst #142 and the second edging is Desert Bloom #110. The edgings are sewed on to a collar of a jacket. The third edging is jelly Bean #119 and it will go on a t-shirt.
The next color is Springtime #115. This is a very delicate color, one of my favorites.
In the middle are the new variegated threads
that just came on the market. Christmas Green Mix #152 has more white than I like but still a nice color. Angel Love #151 also has more white. The design is a generic pattern
ring and chain. The first one is all white with jingle bells on the outside. The second one has gold beads. Both have red beads in the center. One can compare how the looks with the plain verses variegated. The last picture is Caribbean #122. It is a very bold color. When working with small motifs as the butterfly not all the color will be use. You will have to play around with the starting points to get the variegated look you want. Some patterns are better suited for variegation thread and other patterns are not. I like the threads without the white.

3 comments:

SY said...

This is such a neat idea, thank you for doing this for us so we can see the thread tatted up.
I have a denim shirt that has a removable collar, it has different collars with embroidery for different seasons. I had forgotten all about it until I saw yours up above. It'd be a cute idea to do something similar with tatting!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Wow, Your jacket collars look fantastic with the tatted edges in this Lizbeth thread. The Red Burst is a very nice color. I have the Springtime and Caribbean. I really like the Christmas green. I might have to get one of them. Thanks for showcasing everything. I hope you show the t-shirt when you get the jelly bean edging sew down.

Ridgewoman said...

I agree with you about long runs of white. I don't mind short areas of white ~ I've been known to 'cut out' the white at a planned thread addition. You are also correct, in that all variegates done' look good in some patterns Thanks for sharing. Bev