Sunday, January 24, 2010

Redwork Christmas


Starting off the year right finishing a redwork UFO! It still needs to be quilted. The redwork are patterns from Helga Curtis in the book "Thimble Tots & Dragonflies". This is a wonderful book with lots of illustrations. I put the youngsters on a road with all their sewing equipment to help Mrs Mouse make and hang the Christmas ornaments! The Christmas ornaments are fussy cut, sewed right sides together and turned inside out and attached to the material with the beads. The clothesline is tatted and the birdhouses are appliqued on. A mitered border completes the quilt.

1 comment:

Ridgewoman said...

I love doing redwork! My last was 2 pillows for my cousin Trudy. When we were young we use to fly kites at her Dad's ranch in Norco, CA. (I'm talking 1941-43.
I found patterns of the Two sunbonnet sue's flying kites and one with two of them having a picnic.
I did the red work and bought the supplies and a friend turned them into small sofa pillows for Trudy's sun porch..which is all Mary Englebreit and vintage themes.
This is really cute, Bev aka Ridgewoman/ridgetatter