Friday, March 25, 2011

Crazy Quilt Blocks

Here is my "naked" block for the Crazy Quilting International group project, "Hearts and Hands for Sendai". I have embroidered the center block and will be  tatting hearts for some of the other blocks. All the blocks will be made into wall hangings and sent to Hideko in Japan. They will be on exhibit and then sold off. The money will be helping many people in Sendai, Japan.

The Crazy Quilting International group will be making a quilt with all the Flags in different countries. I chose the USA and the above is my "naked" block. Below is my designing process and took a couple of weeks  for the final block to be completed.

4 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Linda, I really like your new header, very pretty. I also really love your American Flag CQ block. It is very very beautiful. hugs Judy

Quayceetatter said...

Thank you Judy.The Tatting on the header was given to the Crazy Quilting International Group for their scholorship fund. On the flag block I tried to incorporate symbols that represent the USA. When one looks at the block from a distant they will know it is America the Beautiful!!
Linda

Momma Bear said...

That pile looks suspiciously familiar.....
you didn't sneak into my sewing room and hang out for a few days and not stay for a cuppa did you??

Quayceetatter said...

LOL...Us quilters are all a like now if we could only educate our nonquilters..hubbies!!!
They would understand us beter...
Linda