Friday, September 7, 2012

Frog in the Lily Pads

August block is finally completed for the Crazy Quilt Journal. I finally found a home for Mr. Frog. It is sitting on a felt pad amongst the cattails. The reeds are long woven picots. This is a new stitch for me and is easy to work up. Cattails have a bullion tip and heavy yarn for the body couched down. A silk ribbon water lily on the right corner and the center are embroidered lilies with beads. To the right are bullion daisies with feather stitch stems. The dragon flies are beaded with lazy Daisy sparkly ribbons. I normally do not add big buttons but this yellow is a glass button with a bead on top to hold it down. And four flower buttons  at the bottom of the embroidered lilies.

The Frog on the left was tatted with size 40, Lizbeth Leafy Green. He was too big so I tatted another in size 80, Lizbeth Spring Green. This one fit in and I did not tat the pad. The pattern is from Pam Palmer's "Tatting Treats Two". I did make one change. I used 2 shuttles and did one split ring after the eye so there were no extra threads on the back side.
 

No comments: