Saturday, October 12, 2013

Applique Flowers for LE Coverlet

 
 
 Slowly this beautiful applique quilt is coming to life!!

Have one side of the border pinned and ready to sew.
I used Heather's  (http://happyappliquer.blogspot.com )  method of strip piecing and then cut them out leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance. I used Elmer's glue to glue all the seams down and then pinned before sewing. Makes it much easier and more accurate.
 
 
Flower Petals!!


Many ways to applique and here is a quick and easy one. Instead of burning fingers on the iron just wrap the fabric and template in tinfoil. I use a little starch on the edges before wrapping the foil to make the shape. Then iron.  The yellow center is a french knot using size 8 embroidery thread.

While out walking I found this  baby Rattler  on the side of road. A car had runed over the middle and I was sure it was dead before picking it up.

No comments: