Sunday, January 25, 2015

Snowman quilt and projects




Here is the finished quilt with over 600 hours of handquilting.  Today I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts on Slow Stitching.  http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com




Which project do I choose to work on. The butterfly block is almost completed so I will finish it. The work is all in the prep cutting out the shapes and then back basting. I like to use silk threads as it is very fine but sometimes I will use a color in Sulky. The crossstitch is a long term project and can be picked up at any time. My tatted doily I work on in the evening and have a few more rounds before adding the final chain around. I am machine quilting the quilt in the background. Will hand quilt around the applique.
Will post the finished block later in the week.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

600 hours of quilting... wow! That is a lot of stitches!
Congrats on an amazing finish!
Enjoy stitching the butterfly today!
Thanks for linking up!

Kaja said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is always a bit scary, I think, when you work out how many hours a quilt has taken to complete.

Cathy said...

Oh, that's the cutest snowman wall hanging! Let's see...600 hours of stitching at x stitches per minute makes ?? stitches in that quilt! Congrats on your finish.

CathieJ said...

I love your snowman quilt. 600 hours of quilting! Wow! Maybe I will tackle hand quilting my son's queen-sized quilt. My first took me almost 20 years. Maybe not. I love your stitching and quilting. I am looking forward to watching the progress on all those wonderful projects.

Judy S. said...

Fabulous finish! I've seen this pattern before but never with CQ in the border. LOVE it! Looks like you've got quite a line-up of projects there, and all look really nice!

Jane McLellan said...

Splendid quilt!!