Sunday, September 6, 2015

Mountain Goat, Loon and Peacock



Finished two more appliqued blocks to the Log Cabin Quilt.



Antique Sampler is a pattern of Ellen Maurer-Stroh. It was a block of Mo back in 2012. I knew I could work it on 14 ct but was not sure of 28 ct. Last year I purchased all the supplies but it still sat on the shelf reminding me to get started. A year later I am finally working on the sampler and very pleased with the results. It is not as bad as I thought but must use a magnify glass with good lighting. There are 4-5 different shades with each element and some blend in that one has to be on the ball!  As recommended I am using DMC from France using 3 strands on 28 ct linen.


Thank You for visiting me and love your comments. Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful projects people are working on at Kathy's Quilts    Slow Stitching Sunday ...http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
 AND 
 Susan Flemming's Super Mom No Cape, Embroidery and Cross Stitch  on
 
Please stop by and see them.  

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely quilt blocks and cross stitch! You are making good progress.

jan said...

Wow - I really love your peacock! It is going to be beautiful! The Loon and Mtn Goat are too cute!
xo jan

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That mountain goat is too cute! What a great way to dress up some log cabin blocks!

Deb A said...

Love the loon - I saw a couple of live ones today. Your doily in the last post is lovely. One of these days I need to learn to make them.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Oh that peacock is pretty! I'm looking forward to watching this cross-stitch as it develops.

The loon and mountain goat are fun additions to the blocks.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs.

Quilter Kathy said...

The loon block is lovely! What fun projects you are working on!

CathieJ said...

I love your quilt blocks. I really like the colors in your cross-stitch also. You are working on that quite quickly.

Renee said...

I love your log cabin quilt and the Antique Sampler is lovely! Beautiful progress!

Anonymous said...

The XS is great, beautiful bird. My favorite is the mountain goat, though.

Christine B said...

I love your antique sampler.... such a pretty design and lovely colours. Great quilt blocks too! Christine x

Angela said...

Lovely work