Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hummingbird

It must be critter day here at the ranch! This morning I almost stepped on a Black Chin Hummingbird. I thought it was a mouse! It was cold here (45) and he probably was trying to get warm by borrowing into the warm gravel. I picked him up and put it onto the ledge of the birdhouse. Went out to check on him and he fell into the flowers. So I put him into the geranium pot. After 2 hours he was gone. We feed about a dozen hummers and have 3 feeders which have to be filled every 2 days. Yesterday, my DH left the kitchen door opened and a baby Whip Tail Lizard came on in! Found him this morning and shooed it in a box and took him out to the garden. He must be hungry and thirsty. Still working on apples, froze 20 pts and today I made 2 qts of apple cider. That is one of the things I miss from New York.

No comments: