Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chicken Quilt


I have a UFO quilt almost finished. The outside sunflower and leaves were finished in 2002! The leaves and sunflower are hand appliqued and the tulips are machine with invisible thread. A month ago I finished machine appliqueing the chickens. Now I am working on the border. The pattern did not have a border so I had to design one to make it fit on a queen bed. This pattern was from Quiltmaker, Spring of 2002. I will machine quilt it on my sewing machine. It will be a gift to my Mom, "The Chicken Lady", for Christmas!

1 comment:

Quayceetatter said...

Here are some nice comments from "One Stitch At A Time" Yahoo Group.
Thank you ladies!!

very nice
Carol C.
Bastrop,TX

Love that Chicken quilt! Great job of applique and love the border
especially! Great Job Linda!
Carmen Thomas

I love her applique. What a designer!
Nancy in IN