Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crazy Quilt Challenge


Beginning on January The Crazy Quilt Journal Project will begin. For more information you can click on the sidebar button. Every month we are to complete a block and at the end of the year it will be put together. To help with our seam treatment, Sharon B's at Pintangle will have instructions on "Take a stitch on Tuesday". Her button "Tast" is on the side bar.  I have decided to embroider flowers that was a block of the month from Sentimental Stitches. Still need to finish 6 more blocks. The blocks will be sashed with the lady bug material. Yesterday I purchased leaf material and bird material. My goal is to have the leaf material over hang on the top, with possible leaves cut out and the birds appliqued on.
My first Block....





4 comments:

Miranda said...

I love the colors! Maybe some tatted leaves or butterflies, too?

Your header is gorgeous, with the NM winter landscape.

Quayceetatter said...

Thank you Miranda, I am sure some tatting will be added along with silk ribbon embroidery. It has been a snowy December in NM!!
Linda

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

The flowers are lovely! You are way ahead of me Linda! All my blocks are still perculating around in my head. "Next week" seems to be becoming my mantra! lol
Hugs,
Kerry

Susan said...

These are going to make wonderful pages. I love your floral centers!