Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Flag Block


The International Crazy Quilting Group are putting together flag blocks from countries around the world. I have chosen the United States and there are over 22 more flag blocks. It will be put together as one big quilt and sent to our  CQ Sister, Hideko. Hideko will enter them in Japan Quilt Shows and will be sold. The funds will help the victims of the Sendai Earthquake. I have lots of crazy quilt stitches, silk ribbon and a tatted eagle. Pattern from Nancy Tracy.

2 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Fantastic! I love the colours you have used in the center - it reminds me of vintage Americana! There is so much to see on the block - I keep coming back for another look and discovering more. Your block will shine on the quilt!
Hugs,
Kerry

Susan said...

What a great idea. I wish I'd known. I've been a fan of her blog for years.