Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crazy Quilt Block Round Robin

 
Honey Bees, Birds and Butterflies Round Robin Began in July and all blocks will be returning to their homes this month. Our block has traveled from coast to coast and in between;  Fl, IL, OR, NM, and NC! Lots of beautiful stitching.
 
I was left to stitch the upper left corner. To balance the block I choose a heart with silk ribbon leaves and stem stitch roses. The Roses are attracting a humming bird, bees and lady bugs. The silk ribbon is all hand dyed by me. To separate the corner I choose the Cretan Stitch using yellow rayon with a strand of metallic. The wedge block is a tatted dragon fly with tatted posies.
 
We all make a booklet  so each person writes about their stitching. I always include a tatted butterfly and Cathy sent each of us a bead bee!! I propped it up with a wad of cotton, the white stuff. Isn't it cute!!!

No comments: